Wednesday, December 6

Some Silly Things

Well after my rather glum day yesterday, I wandered on home to find that my precious mini had been towed from outside my apartment. Not exactly what I felt like coming home to! But, the less said about that the better, so...

I will take the lead from my
sister and write some weird (silly?) things about me.

* I type everything I hear in my head. I type signs I see on the roadside, I type what people are saying to me. I have done this since I took keyboarding class in Middle School. I used to find it really annoying, but now I'm so used to it I just type on away in my own little world.

*I really really like boy movies - the kind that girls aren't supposed to like. The shoot-em-up, loud music, fast-cars kind of movies. It makes it a lot easier when my boyfriend and I are picking a movie to watch.

*At one point when I was around 20 I realised I didn't really know what my natural hair colour was. I was always either putting high-lights in it or dying it red.

* I don't like cream. It's the only fattening thing that I don't like, so I'm continually testing myself with it - but I think I've finally realised, I just really don't like it. Just hand me over the chocolate sauce with chocolate chips on top of chocolate ice cream with chocolate shavings and I'll be fine, thank you very much.

*I like to drive bare-foot.

That's enough for now I think! I'm off to collect my car from car prison..

9 comments:

someone else said...

I understand about the typing in your head thing. After I became a travel agent, I began seeing the airport code initials for any city that was ever mentioned in conversation. I still do it.

I think yogurt is for me what cream is for you. There's no way to disguise the way it takes to me. Yuck!

someone else said...

Oh, yeah....sorry about the car. Why was it towed????

Dawn said...

Oh, what a day you had! I thought I was the only person in the world who typed in her head. I've been doing it since typing class in high school. I have to say it kept my speed up all those years I wasn't working outside the home. When I took my first typing test on a computer keyboard, I typed 90 wpm. I couldn't believe it! The bad thing it does is slow me down sometimes when I'm reading. I have a funny story about that which is too long for comments. Maybe I'll blog it sometime.

I also add and subtract numbers on license plates - keeps my brain a bit active!

Unknown said...

Ok, so having your car towed seriously qualifies that day for the Worst Day Ever.

I used to do the typing thing in my head too when I took keyboarding in high school.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'd like cream if they sweetened it in England - have you tried the sugared variety??? It's yummy on a mocha!

I don't type in my head anymore. I just can't stop my brain from reading. If there are letters together, upside down, sideways, nonsensical... my brain will interpret them. Always. I read the shampoo label over and over in the shower. Sometimes I drive myself crazy!

Rachel said...

it's a really long story about why it was towed - basically, the parking restrictions are absolutely crazy around central London - it would take up 2 or 3 posts! i usually have to have a permit, but mine had run out by a day, so I parked it somewhere where there was no lines on the road. it got towed because 'both of the tires were touching the pavement'. Crazy.

Allie - I have tried all kinds of cream. At Sbux we used to have vanilla flavoured, chocolate flavoured, etc .. I just can't get into it! And also, I do the reading thing too! so annoying!

Kristen said...

I do the same thing...typing in my head. I type everything and it is really annoying.

My car got towed one day outside of my office. What a pain. I'm real sorry about that.

I'm with you on the movie thing, too. I'm not much of a chick flick lover.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you're not really missing that much not liking cream. Now if you didn't like chocolate, that might be different!

Sherry said...

Sorry about the car, that is certainly worse than yesterday. I never realized that I type in my head too, not very much though, maybe when I'm bored. I really like to read your blog, you are so creative and fun=)