Monday, December 18

Salmonella Blues

There is a reason for my lack of blogging in recent days - I haven't just bored of it suddenly!

I had an absolutely wonderful, delightful (surprising!) run up to my Birthday. Every night of the week brought a new and exciting dish from Conrad's busy hands - and I was not disappointed with my Birthday surprises!

One of the special treats Conrad prepared was an amazing 3-course sea food meal the night before my Birthday. There were oysters and king prawns, finished off by a wonderful Thai monk fish stew. Beautiful.

I am finding it hard to describe it in too much detail, because on Friday we both came down with a bad case of food poisoning. We think it must have been the oysters.. So much for decadence and fine dining! I would love to take you step-by-step through my Birthday and all the treats I had but I am still finding it difficult to muster up any energy at all at the moment.

Both Saturday and Sunday were spent in bed/on couch trying not to run off to the bathroom.. This is where you will be glad that I am sparing you the details! I went to bed at around 7 last night and woke up this morning to go to work. I really did not want to go, but 2 of the 4 people on our help desk are on holiday this week, so if I didn't come in there would have only been one person. And I know for sure this would not have been good! I would have felt guilty for the next 10 years for doing that to someone.

I'm also sad because I had a very busy weekend planned. On Friday night we were meant to go to Manchester and hang out with Best Bud and have the official Best Night Ever. On Saturday I was meant to celebrate my Birthday with the folks and a Large Ceramic Pot of Fondue. And then on Sunday go to aforementioned Longsight Church and watch the Nativity. It makes me so sad that I missed all of these things!

I can only be glad that we got sick on the little window between Birthday and Christmas.. I can not imagine being sick on Christmas day. Now that would be bad!

Official update of Birthday (with pictures) will come later...

7 comments:

ashli said...

That is terrible! Being sick like that is the worst, and on your birthday, UGH! Hope you are feeling better!

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

That is really bad! Your mum told me how excited she is to have you up next weekend, the week will pass quickly. The nativity was fun, Emily behaved in the straw, it has been taped, maybe you can get a copy.
have a good week and feel better.
Juli-Ann

Anonymous said...

Hey, I looked at that Zurich blog and got homesick. Thanks! I need to be reminded sometimes. =)

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't get to do everyting you wanted for your birthday weekend. Good news is, you'll have two celebration now, birthday and Christmas. Last year, I ended up in the ER on my birthday! I was admitted at around 4 in the morning. It was funny when the nurse handed me my wristband and he was like, "happy birthday". I was so bummed out!

Sherry said...

That is awful! Glad you are feeling better. I'm excited to hear about the b-day surprises.

Dawn said...

What a bummer!! I'll bet Conrad felt doubly bad.

Hope you mend quickly!

Anonymous said...

Feeling better yet?

I was writing down all the things I miss from everywhere, and realized that it was way too long for only one post. I decided to make it a series. =)