Wednesday, December 13

A Quarter Century of Rachel

Tommorrow I turn 25.

I feel like I have to write that sentence and say it over and over to make sense of it.


25!!??!!

That is a quarter of a century! I have always been the baby.. Baby of the family, baby at work, baby of all my friends. Now I am well and truly rooted in my 20's.

This brings strange mixed feelings for me.

- A little bit of panic about what I haven't achieved that I really thought I would have by now.
- A smidgen of pride of where I have been and my world-view
- Complete happiness and understanding of how lucky I am to be surrounded by people who love me and understand me.
- Anticipation and excitement for the next year - I have high hopes for what is to come!

I absolutely love surprises. Even if something is boring and horrible, as long as it's a surprise, I like it! I can't imagine telling somebody what I want for Birthday/ Christmas - it just takes away all the joy and excitement.

Conrad has become the Master-Surprise-Maker.

I came home last night to find this on the door of the laundry room:


Apparently the FBI came by last night and blocked the room off due to some anthrax in our washing machine.

Who would have thought it?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Conrad to embrace your need for surprises! I also need at least one thing that I didn't wrap myself and have no idea about under the tree - whatever it is.

Anonymous said...

Go Conrad!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 25th Rachel. Enjoy the mid twenties as they come. As for me before I could blink I was 28!!!!!
hehehehehehe

Happy Birthday!

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!

Anonymous said...

So how was the birthday??? You know I expect you to write on here every day!!! =)

Anonymous said...

I guess I forgive you, since you're exhausted. =)

Dawn said...

I finally have figured out how to comment, thanks to Allison's help. I hope you had a great birthday - let us know all about it!

Dawn said...

Okay, so not I didn't have to do anything special! Go figure!

Dawn said...

Oh, brother, that was supposed to be NOW, not NOT. It's too late to be typing!

Sherry said...

so...what was the surprise??? Did I miss it somewhere?

ashli said...

Happy 25 and beyond Rachel!

Preya said...

I always feel so immediately connected to fellow TCK's. I am also feeling strange about being in my mid-20's, and I wonder how I'll deal with it next year when I turn 25.