Wednesday, December 27

It is Spookily Quiet

The Christmas time is over.

That is such a sad sentence to type! I had such a wonderful time with familiy and re-visiting traditions. I was glad that Conrad was able to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us.

I'm still a bit hazy and full up of oyster stew, pheasant and cheese-ball so my brain is taking a little while to kick in. I suppose I'll put up just a couple more pictures of Christmas time.





And here's a sledding picture for old times' sake (1994).



This year on Boxing Day (for further explanation please see The Daily Gazelle) Conrad and I spent the day with his mom and her new husband at their house with the step-familiy. We had Christmas dinner again with a massive turkey. It was scrumptious! So we had two Christmas dinners this year! Conrad's mom has had a bit of a full and somewhat stressful year. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in November and has had the lump removed, and is currently going through radiotherapy and hormone therapy. She is in the clear now, so it was a relieved time over Christmas, but I think it came as a bit of a shock to everyone around her at how fragile life is. She has just re-married this summer and is enjoying the first Christmas with her new husband.

I'm so glad that I'm not back to work today with the rest of the world. Being 'home' in Manchester with so many familiar people and places has been so wonderful and De-stressing. I don't keep it much of a secret that I hate my job - And I am NOT looking forward to going back. I am just so happy that I can spend this week here, perhaps trying to sort out the future and how I can start doing what I actually want to do rather then what I need to do for money's sake.

Bring on the New Year with New Beginnings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time. I'm very glad to hear about it all!

I'm so jealous of your easy access to all of Dad's scanned photos! I hope he brings more with him when he comes here. (hint hint hint)

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a lovely Christmas. Enjoy your peaceful week away from the grind!

Dawn said...

I didn't realize Conrad's family has been through so much this year. I knew that his dad was sick this summer when we were together, but I didn't realize his family dynamic had changed so much.

I hope you can find something to do that fulfills you! I am not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow - there will be a mountain of mail, and there's another storm on the way, so they say. We'll see!

Rachel said...

allie - i'm taking advantage of them while i can!! and i'll pass on the hint to dad..