Wednesday, December 20

Show and Tell


I've taken a few pictures over the past week (Both Christmas/Birthday and other). I've been taking them on my phone camera, so they aren't the best quality. But, they'll do!

Here is the first Christmas decoration bought my first year away from home:




Right now he sits on top of the TV. He makes me chuckle because he appears ready to deliver presents at a moments notice.

Here is the tree. I think it looks more beautiful by night, so I didn't want to use a flash.

This is one of the Christmas ornaments my parents got me from Israel. There are about 6 of them, and they all are different aspects of the nativity.




This is the nativity set that my parents got me from Israel. I wanted to wait until I had a better picture, but it appears to be difficult to catch the beauty of it on a cameraphone! It's quite different from Allie's nativity from Israel, and they seem to represent our tastes quite well. This one is made out of olive wood.



Here a couple pictures of the Christmas lights on Regent St. It's definitely impossible to show how amazing they look in real life. There are one of these next to every street light.



And here are some of the other lights on Regent Street. They're massive chandeliers made out of lights.


Looking through the pictures of my Birthday was nice, but I came across the offending items of my illness this week:





They look so innocent and delicious. Little did we know..

Here is the package that Conrad had hidden in the laundry room:


I wish I'd had the thought to take a picture of the un-wrapped version! It's an antique 1920 massive suit-case trunk. It's not to be used as a suitcase, but for storage. I love it!

And here's Conrad and I on Tower Bridge (walking distance from home) It is *seriously* impossible to get Conrad to look normal in a picture. Here, he was singing "How I love you.. how I love you Swany..." In a strangy strangy voice.



I'm off out tonight on our Staff Christmas Party. I hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures! Thank you for having a camera phone!

Your tree looks glowy enough, and it looks like you've got enough decorations for it to feel like Christmas in your own home. Yay! By the way, I'm really jealous of the street lights. The downtown streets here are pitiful. Maybe I just have high expectations.

Sema said...

Wonderful photos! Loved the one of you and Conrad! Beautiful couple!

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better - the oysters make me ill just looking at them! Sorry!

Thanks for all the pictures of your life there - we are getting slammed with a blizzard right now and they've actually called off school and the university - Kristen will be picking up her kids soon and I get the afternoon to relax and try to get over this terrible miserable sinusy cold.

someone else said...

I LOVE all these pictures. The oysters? Blech. I can't cope with the thought of them slithering down my throat....

I'm so jealous that you can walk to all those things in London. It just makes me want to get back over there. Soon. Now. Immediately.

Oh well. You two look adorable.

Anonymous said...

His adoration of you makes my heart puddle!!

Sherry said...

You look so beautiful! I love how much he loves you, too cute.

Rachel said...

thanks guys! i think he's sweet too!! :)