Saturday, December 2

These are a few of my favourite things

Tomorrow is the first day of December, and I am excited. Every morning I wake up with a little ball of lightning excitement in my tummy. My 25th Christmas time and I am still this excited.

It’s not JUST Christmas day that I look forward to – the whole month of December is one long cheerful celebration.

I can go to the store and buy as many in-season juicy and sour clementines that I want – and I can eat them to my heart’s content.

The Christmas lights on Oxford/Regent St. in London are amazing. You would have to be completely soul-less not to stop and just breathe in the Christmas spirit. I will have to go out and about with the camera soon so I can share the man-made beauty.

English food is just soooo good at Christmas time (actually, doesn’t all food taste better around this time?) Leg of lamb with a red wine gravy, Cumberland sausage and mash, pheasant, steak and ale pie, sticky toffee pudding…

I also have along list of movies I need to watch - and I don't mean *want* to watch but need to. For the world to be a better place.

Among my favourites are:

It's a Wonderful Life Scrooged Love, Actually Holiday Inn White Christmas The Grinch Miracle on 34th St. Black Adder's Christmas Carol Scrooge

The German Christmas market is up full-swing in Manchester. It is beautiful – absolutely breath-taking. This year they have a giant Christmas pyramid in the centre of Albert Square. You can eat ginger biscuits and shop for beautiful crafted ornaments whilst snacking on maroni (freshly roasted chestnuts) They even sell a nice Gluhwein that you can warm your hands on whilst window shopping around the squares. I just love it.

My parents brought me home a nativity set from Israel this summer. It's made out of olive wood and I just can not wait to set it out. If it was up to me, it would have pride of place in the living room from September till March. I just love it. Saturday is the day we are getting a tree and setting out all the Christmas decorations. Yippee!

So with great twinkling of eyes and a voice full of anticipation I say to you for the first time this Christmas;

'Frohe Weihnacht uber all!'

6 comments:

Sherry said...

I love this template. It is so cute.

mummo said...

I've joined google so I can comment!
Your excitement and anticipation of this season always encourages me, and gets me in the spirit. You are touched by the simple things, and that's refreshing. Enjoy your tree shopping!

someone else said...

Nice new blog look!

ashli said...

Hi rachel! Love the description of your version of Christmas! I too love this time of year, but it sounds a little more exciting than here in OK! I am jealous! Hope you are doing well, I love your cute layout!

Anonymous said...

How far did conrad have to ride in that comfortable position? Would love to see your tree. Is there room to sit in the living room =).

Anonymous said...

That last comment was me (mum). Not sure how to use this comment thing yet. I know I am way far behind.