Tuesday, January 2

January Blues

So. Today is the 2nd of January. How un-exciting. What an anti-climax. Normality at it's worst. Today is the day that work seems to be going soooo slowly. My body is just not used to having to sit staring at a screen for 9 hours! Where's all the chocolate? Why can't we have 3 main meals a day anymore? I feel like watching a movie, why am I sat here on this uncomfortable chair in high heels? Where are my snowman PJ's?

To ease my boredom and disappointment I have been looking online for jobs. Apparently the beginning of January is NOT a hopping time to be looking for a job. Every single place says 'There are currently no vacancies'. I would have thought that the start of a new year would be flush with jobs? Let's hope tomorrow will be better.

My stomach is having serious chain-eating withdrawals.

Tonight when I get home, we have to take down our Christmas tree. How depressing is that? All the joy and love showered onto this un-knowing object, and then it gets cut down in one swift blow. Poor tree! It won't know what hit him! He's not even droopy yet! It's not his time!

I also have one of those annoying headaches that just doesn't go away, no matter how many extra-strong painkillers you take.

Talk about January Blues!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I so agree! I spent most of the day yesterday putting away my stuff and am still now finished. I was exhausted! So much more fun to put it up.

Keep looking for those jobs!