Friday, January 19

You want random? You got it.


So what is up with the extreme weather? First we have tornados, and then yesterday we had wind storms with gusts up to 99mph. All train stations were closed and airports were at a stand-still. There were roofs falling in, trees falling over.. Just chaos! Absolute chaos!





So much for mild English weather.



pictures courtesy of BBC.co.uk




**************************************************************


I have a couple events in February that I'm looking forward to that are helping me through this long, cold grey month of January:


*My mom is coming to visit the first weekend in February (while dad is out galivanting in the States with my brother/sister-in-law, sister, aunt and cousins). We have a magical day-out planned to Madame Tussaud's followed by an evening full of excessive amounts of Sushi. Hmmm. Sushi. We frequent (insert R.P. accent here) an all-you-can-eat Sushi place that mom seems quite partial to.


*Conrad has a week off in February for half-term - which in itself is a rarity as actors very rarely get paid holiday. So, we've decided to mosy on over to Paris for Valentines Day (well, 3 days around the 14th). Waterloo Train station is about 5 minutes bus ride from our house and then it only takes 2 hours to get to central Paris! So it'll take around 2 1/2 hours to get there. We've been to Paris a few times but it never loses it's charm.



I just can't wait to dig in to all that luscious rich French food... Baguettes galore, soft warm brie, lamb, Paté Frois gras, boeuf, delectable duck, warm red wine, rich chocolate treats, pain au chocolat............ Okay my mouth is seriously drooling just thinking about it. (We will be doing some sightseeing, not just eating.. just so you know..)


*Best Bud Ben (hi Ben!) is coming to visit for a weekend. We're planning a jam-packed weekend of fun and frollicks including going to see Chicago in the West End. Yay!

*Oh, and how can I forget Conrad's 27th Birthday Week Of Celebrations?


***************************************************************


I'm thinking of getting a fringe cut into my hair again. I had a fringe for about 2 years recently and really liked it, and I've just now grown it out. And now I miss it. I'm fairly certain that as soon as I do cut it I'll be inconsolable for at least 3 weeks. I'm pretty schizophrenic when it comes to my hair.




**************************************************************



We have become one of *those people* that still have their Christmas tree in their house. Oh - the shame. Don't get me wrong, it's not still lit up in the middle of our living room in all it's glory.. Oh no! It's been left abandoned in the corner of our room all chopped up and stuff. Poor tree.


The moment we got in the door after Christmas break we were amazingly productive and efficient in taking down Christmas decorations. And then we lost all sense of reality and started chopping it up, thinking that we could fit it into bin bags and put it in the trash outside.

Ha!
This was not so. People come around to collect trees, but they will not pick up trees all chopped up in bin bags.

I don't know if you've realised this yet, but Conrad and I are pretty.. um.. irresponsible? Have no common sense? Whatever you call it, we can't for the life of us figure out how to get rid of the ol' Christmas tree.


*************************************************************


And here's one for those who don't live in England. This is what has been on our news channels for the past 24 hours:


Reality TV gone haywire

I just have too many thoughts about this. It saddens me that there is racism and ignorance in the world, and it sickens me to watch it.


*************************************************************

Well hopefully I haven't been too random for you all. I am soo glad it's Friday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that all the great personalities are from London...
Nice to meet you! :)

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. It looks like you were in a hurricane or something. Scary weather patterns!

This person lives in the Alps, and just posted a panoramic view of their lovely green hills.

http://www.hall-net.eu/Blog/blog.html

Are you allowed to have a fire outside your flat? Hahahaha. That's how we used to get rid of our Christmas tree. Of course, we didn't live in London. And we can't burn ours here, either. We just shoved it in a snow bank in the back yard for now.

Anonymous said...

from your favourite neice.

kjrs mktg m,tgjkg vkltf.kl, vm fv, vmk vol,.m fv,lhb ;.gb ;f v;.gbjifvy7677rfdogf, .hgbklhgmk

In translation: Take me to Paris Auntie Rachie and Uncle Conrad, Buy me make up. I want to be just like Eloise! Kiss Kiss. Charlotte

someone else said...

Valentine's Day and Paris in the same sentence??? I'm jealous as all get out.

Unknown said...

I saw some of your winds on the news last night. Whoa. I hope you have something heavy tied to you so that you don't blow away!

Your February sounds divine.

My #1 job today is to finish taking down Christmas. The tree is gone, but the rest is still hanging around. You're not alone.

I love random.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say I am so jealous? You get to go to Paris for Val's? Here I am still ranking my brain about what to do for K's big 3-0 b'day, which is on Feb 13th! Any clues?

Sema.

Wanderlusting said...

Um, in that first pic, I really think those people could have picked a better place to stand.

As for Paris, ARG even though I just got back 2 weeks or so ago, I would KILL to go in a heartbeat. And you are going for Valentines Day as well! This is why I need to move to Europe, so I can just hop on the Eurostar and go.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

What crazy ass weather! about as crazy as us here in OK having snow! Please don't blog about the food you will be indulging in paris, how rude! JK sounds fab and I hope you all have a great time! and if you pick up make up for charlotte you might as well pick some up for anna and lily too, since they are nick and brooke's godchildren! hahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Crazy weather. In Wash. D.C. blossoms are coming out, while California is freezing.... And some morons still won't accept the fact of global warming. Oh well, you can only lead a horse to water!

Rachel said...

well now i'm going to have to take millions of pictures of gay Paris and put a step by step progress report up on my blog! hehe.