Tuesday, February 6

Things To Do In London When You're Dead

After mom arrived, we decided that going to Madame Tussaud's wasn't such a great idea, so we decided to wander around London and see what kind of mischief we could get into.

We started off our Saturday as any good old-fashioned London tourists would: On the tube.




We decided to start out at a small cafe, drink a little coffee, have a little chat. We were deep in discussion about the future of Southwark when none other but Ken Livingstone (the Mayor of London) overheard our conversation and decided to add his own two cents. Conrad decided that this was the best time to converse with Ken about his views on the congestion charge.



After walking around London streets for a while, we realised that Pirates of the Caribbean 4 was being filmed on location. I went over to talk to my pal, Johny, but Conrad would just not leave us alone for two seconds. I think Johnny was a bit mad at him because he kept just staring at him..


So after all the chin-wagging, we were all a bit hungry. Turns out that Samuel L. Jackson (who just happens to be in London hanging out with Jonny) knew a good place around the corner that did good sushi.



So off we went..



And it was gooooooooooood!






Seeing as we were near Soho, we decided to cut through Leicester Square to get through our next destination. Surprisingly, Tom Cruise was taking a short break from his publicity tour and true to his reputation, was quite happy to pose with my mom.




Tom was in town visiting his new pal David Beckham who had just finished a friendly neighbourhood match down the road. Guess who got to hang out with David for a couple of hours?



We caught David in quite a reflective moment while he was soaking up the sights and sounds of China Town. After all the excitement of meeting the two hotties, we decided to get some double espresso machiatos to warm us up.


And what would a good day out in London be without a bit of a dance? While I was off dancing, mom was brown-nosing with Robin Williams. Apparently Woopie would just not stop butting in to their conversation.



I could not believe my luck when out on the dancefloor I bumped into Shirley Bassey. We couldn't help but break into a chorus of "Hey Big Spender.."



Oh how we danced..

Just imagine what we would have missed out on if we had gone to Madame Tussaud's.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fun day!!

I don't think I could do the cabbage soup diet for more than a day or two. I never succeed on those diets that limit you so severely. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

We DID have a great time, didn't we! Mom

brooke said...

ok. that is hilarious!!!

someone else said...

You are just way toooooo funny! I loved your day out.

Anonymous said...

Ok..that gave me the greatest laugh. You guys are too cute!!

Love to your Mum!!

Sherry said...

that is too cute. I've got to be honest, you had me for a while...I had to go back and double check everything before I got it. too gullible.

BecsLifeOnline said...

Ha ha you had me going as well for a while Rach, I was like OMG! Now I'm starting to believe those people who I've always tried to refute for calling me naive and gullible all my life ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Very clever, very clever. =) You had me fooled for a second or two. What really gave it away was the fact that Tom Cruise is taller than Mom. Maybe he grew.

I enjoyed that very much.

Dawn said...

I forgot to say yesterday that this post was VERY clever!

Thanks for your comments on our story - it has been quite a journey, but we are learning so much about each other that we couldn't talk about in those days.

Wanderlusting said...

Great day out! Was that really the mayor? Great idea for a post.

PS your mum looks so young!

PPS lemme know how the diet is doing