Thursday, February 1

20 Million Things To Do

I love music. Every phase of my life is defined by a song, an album, an artist. I listen obsessively to some tracks, and hang every emotion and thought on them. So most of the musicians I like are amazingly gifted guitar players, extraordinary poets and representatives of their soul.


So now, please forget all of that - Today I have a song that isn't so much musical genius but just coins my thoughts exactly, and it keeps just running through my head.

Pardon for the cheezyness please.



If it's fix a fence, fender dents
I've got lots of experience
Rent gets spent
And all the letters never written don't get sent
It comes from confusion, all things I left undone
It comes from moment to moment, day to day
Time seems to slip away

But I've got twenty million things to do, twenty million things
And all I can do, is think about you
With twenty million things to do

I've got mysterious wisteria hanging in the air
The rocking chair I was supposed to fix
Well it came undid
And all the things that I let slip, I found out quick
It comes from moment to moment, day to day
Time seems to slip away

But I've got twenty million things to do, twenty million things
And all I can do, is think about you
With twenty million things to do

I always have high hopes for when I get home from work - lists of millions of things to do.

But all I wanna do is hang out with my best friend in the whole world.


p.s apologies if i made you gag.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. Sweet as pecan pie! =)

Rachel said...

hi allie - by 'sweet' don't you mean 'sickly'? :)

Anonymous said...

Hehe. No, I really think it's a great thing, and I'm happy that you & Conrad have it. It's the best thing in the world!

Anonymous said...

At first glance at your picture, it looked as if conrad was kissing allison.

Sherry said...

not one thing wrong with being in love with your best friend, not a thing.

Rachel said...

well thanks anonymous, now all i can see when i come to my blog is conrad kissing allie! it's just not right!!!

someone else said...

I know that feeling, even after 36 1/2 years.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha. I don't think it looks like me! Definitely you he's kissing, Rach.

Wanderlusting said...

Wow I can so relate...and it's nice to know it's not just me but you AND a song too. Maybe it's time I get over feeling guilty for you.

Wanderlusting said...

HA...I meant feeling guilty for "IT", not you! Ah, Freud would have a field day.

BecsLifeOnline said...

Aww that's adorable :-) Some songs have really deep meanings for me also. Isn't it great when you first hear (or hear for the millionth time) a song that you can really relate to? I have quite a few songs for different moods/situations/states of mind etc.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you two love each other.....