Friday, April 27

Summer in the City

Last weekend was endlessly pleasant. I'm discovering that London is a city that thrives in the sunshine. As soon as the sun comes out, everyone is sprawled in the sun and remarkably happier then they were before. It's like a massive prozac pill for the city. I love it.

On Sunday we decided to wander down to Hyde Park and have our first Picnic In The City. It was the same day as the London Marathon, and absolutely everyone was out and about. It was probably the best couple of hours of people watching that I've ever experienced (and the sunglasses most definitely helped in disgusing our nosy eyes!) We were sat amongst kite-flyers, frisbee-throwers, badminton players, and even in close proximity of a 3-man wrestle practice (one guy had his cod-piece on the OUT-SIDE of this trousers. Considering the fact that they looked like they were having some three-way orgy in the park, this did NOT help him look any cooler). There were many couples picnicking, reading books and generally being happy that the sun was out.

After picnic in the park we decided to go to a Greek restaurant that sits on the South Bank of the Thames. We watched the sun go down over London whilst snacking on taramasalata, tsatziki, flat bread, olives, souvlaki, king prawns.. Mmmmm. I just started drooling. The atmosphere was amazing, with a prime view point of St. Paul's Cathedral.



Considering this is our first summery outing of the year, I think it's safe to say that this summer in the city is going to be a good one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Um, yes. You and Conrad were the most gorgeous couple that day. Look at you two!

What a lovely description of your day. You're so lucky to live in such an exciting place.

someone else said...

I'm so jealous! I love visiting London and look forward to the next time. The parks are so lovely all around the city and I've been trying to be sure that I get to each one. I've done pretty well so far, but I'm sure there are more to discover.

I love your dress!

Rachel said...

wow. thank you!

one of the things i'm trying to more is to get out and about in london, because it can be easy to forget how lucky i am :)

Dawn said...

Looks like a lovely day in London Town! And that pie looks yummy! And the Greek food sounds delish.

BecsLifeOnline said...

Summer in London sounds great :-) I'll be there on 26th June ha ha. I can't wait!

Sherry said...

I don't think you could possibly be cuter. I love how much fun you guys have together.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

Also, I just want to say hi. Hi!

ashli said...

how cute are you! seriously?! Love love love the necklace! Sounds like you all had an amazing weekend. I love the warm weather and how it awakens everything!