Tuesday, April 17

Carrying on in German Tradition

This Easter, my parents reminded me of a tradition we took up whilst living in Germany:

The Easter Tree.



At first you might think this is a bit odd, but it became another special addition to Easter-time. My sister and I would decorate eggs ourselves to hang on the tree along with store-bought equivalents.

I was surprised to find that my mom had been storing these eggs all the while, and it was funny to see what my 10/11 year old mind created. Needless to say, Allie's eggs were always a little more intricate and made a little more sense.


The 'twig' aka 'Easter tree' came from my parent's very own contortia tree outisde.

It's good to bring back old traditions that you forgot even existed.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks just right! I can't believe the branches just came from a tree at Mom & Dad's.

someone else said...

Wow, I love this. What a sweet idea!! Moms hide things away in the safest places sometimes. We're kind of like that.

Dawn said...

I love your Easter tree! It looks great right where it is. What fun for you.

brooke said...

THey are both pretty bad (the kids shows) go to Doodlebops.com and watch a video make your decision. let me know what you think.

BALAMORY! You are an evil person. That stupid song is going to be in my head all day!

Dawn said...

Kev and I have finished Part VII.

ashli said...

How cute! Love it!