Tuesday, April 17

How To Say?

I want to write a blog post, but I have nothing to say. Right this second I feel a little bit sleepy, a little bit excited, a little bit head-achy, a little bit tanned, a little bit chilly. This week is kind of a non-week. I got back on Sunday night from 10 days away to Manchester (some might say my 'home-town' if I had one of those) and next week is my last week at work. So, nothing much to say about this week. It's a strange limbo-land where I'm on the edge, full of nervous anticipation, but I'm almost there - I'm at the tipping point.


I had soooo much fun in Mancy-town. Mom and I went wedding dress shopping (of which we are NOT finished. I am going to drag this amazingly fun experience on as long as humanly possible - especially if I get some free champagne out of it!) I decided I don't hate strapless as much as I thought. In fact, I'm actually contemplating buying a strapless wedding dress! Who would have thunk it?


We went to go look at yet another wedding chapel which was PERFECT. It is the oldest chapel in the area (late 1800s I think) out in the country. But it was just too small. I would literally walk about 2 steps and be at the front. So, we're in a bit of limbo with that too at the moment.


We have booked our tickets to go to Japan in June/July for Conrad's brother's wedding. I'm looking forward to this, but it's kind of killing me a little bit that we are just a hop-skip and swim away from the Philippines and we're not going to be going there. I always assumed the next time I would be in that part of the world would be to show Conrad the country that remains so firmly stamped on my heart. I'm thinking of just booking a quick flight on my own and going over there for an afternoon! How is it that I still miss it so bad? I really hope it doesn't overshadow the trip to Japan - that I'll be comparing everything to Manila, and looking lustfully across the sea towards my 3rd 'homeland'. I love it so.


Enough randomness for now. When I get home tonight I'm going to post some piccys of our trip to Manchester. We gave the little mini a run for it's money across
a large part of England. He held up well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you're going to Japan so soon! Imagine how stressed out you'd be if you were getting married this summer!

I bet you & mom are having a blast dragging out the wedding dress shopping! I wish I could join you.

It sounds like you're opening up to other options than the first chapel you had your heart set on. I'm sure you'll find one that's perfect.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm, wedding dress shopping. Pure delight. Savor every moment as you are!!!! Pictures? Hmmm?