Friday, October 26

Forever Itching

So I'm wondering when this itchy feet thing will ever go away, if my desire to just pack up and leave will ever be sedated. I'm beginning to think not.

Conrad is on tour at the moment, leaving me Single in London. I don't much like being alone, particularly because of the fact that it just reminds me that I want to go. Anywhere. Soon, please.

I sit around reading facebook and all my friends from here there and everywhere. They speak of Manila and of the rain and sun and school. They speak of my teenager years, of my past. I want to go there. It seems that everyone from those days wants to go back - planning quick trips over Christmas, trying to figure out some way of working there. I miss the way of life, I miss
manana . Why do today what you can do tomorrow?

It's difficult when you're homesick for a home that no longer exists. When, in order to go home you have to go the 3 or 4 places at once, and still then - it will not be the same.

I know that if I left London I would miss it. I know that this will never go away, it's just hard to not feel like this when my reason for living here is gone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. Even if the itch subsides a lot, you'll always be torn. I'm right there with you, sista!

Anonymous said...

I feel you too. The only place my feet don't itch is Hanoi. Makes me feel close enough to all the places I'd want to visit on a regular basis anyway.

Dawn said...

Hi, Rach - I just found your comment on my recipe tutorial - are you going to try to make them?? They're the best.

Wanderlusting said...

That's funny, I've just noticed that my notorious itchy feet are starting to subside. Otherwise though, there is nothing wrong with being a nomad, especially if you have a lovely fiance to join you in the journey!