Thursday, October 18

Kindred Spirit

Today is the birthday of a spectacular lady, whose loving character, humble nature and playful personality makes me happy everyday. My mom.

I've always been a mommy's girl, which definitely doesn't mean I love my dad any less. Just me and my mom are a lot alike. Conrad comments regularly on things that I say or do that are like my mom - and when we're together he just looks at us as if to say 'now I don't have to deal with just one, but TWO of you??'

My mom and I go to Alton Towers together, usually ending with her forcing me onto the most dangerous and scary ride there is - calling me a scaredy cat if I appear slightly afraid. My mom scours e-bay to look for PlayStation games that we can play together when I'm home, spending hours exploring magical worlds as a team. My mom takes me out for and Indian meal where we sit and talk for hours, eating far too much pasanda.

When I'm sick, there's still no-one better then my mom to make me feel like every thing's going to be okay, and she understands and will do anything to try and make me feel better. The same goes if I'm generally feeling a bit blue. Nothing like a good sympathetic shoulder like my mom.

Quite often you'll find my mother and I singing songs on the top of our lungs that we're making up as we go along, improvisational little testimonies to our likeness. We like to be silly together - it's just fun.

My mom is alone today on her birthday which makes me sad. I hope she realises how many people across the world appreciate and love her, even though they aren't able to tell her every day.


Happy Birthday Mom!!

4 comments:

someone else said...

What a precious tribute to her! That picture is priceless!!

Sherry said...

that gave me chills. happy birthday to a great mama. I always knew silas was born on a great day:)...hope he takes after her:).

Anonymous said...

Rach, you made me cry...=). Love you loads, mom

Dawn said...

I"m glad I came over to check on you today. That was so lovely! I love the picture - I've never seen her little kid pictures. So sweet.