Tuesday, March 20

Frozen Fingers

We had a bit of mild winter here in London-town, and it appears that Spring is more then making up for it. On Saturday we were walking around in the sunshine with T-shirts, yesterday and today we have had snow. What is going on? So here is a bit of snow, London style. Not so impressive, is it?



In fact, can you call this snow? It looked like snow from my window, but I'm not sure if it even qualifies. I turned around to get the camera and it stopped. Anyways, it is chill-some.

While I had the camera out, I thought I might do a bit of 'You've Been Framed' shots of my mini-apartment and see if they say anything about life here right now.

In complete contrast to the somewhat blizzardy weather, here is the blooming jasmine growing on our windowsill.




Next to my faux fireplace stands a proud Filipino hunter (who just happens to be stood next to a cute looking Tunisian camel)



Many a long evening spent reading..



My favourite new summer bag (some might say bought a little pre-maturely)




Two wise Tunisian men and an excitable fern watch over us throughout the days



The growing family portrait wall (Brooke this may be a hint that we need a new picture of the kiddoes! Hehe) The other two pictures are of Conrad's brother and fiance and of all Conrad's cousins in a row.



A mask or two from the plentiful stores we found somewhere in the labyrinth of cobble-stone streets of Venice



By far the largest and fattiest addition to my kitchen cupboard: Jif. But oh how the creamy goodness brings happiness to my soul. It's even more special because I have to get imported from the States.



And as a parting gift, I give you the greeting hung up next to the door.



Shalom.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

your place is so fun. I love the view from your window. Luke can't live without the Jif either.

someone else said...

I loved my tour through your home!! And I want that jasmine!! They smell so heavenly.

It's Jif all the way at our house, too.

Anonymous said...

Heah, I miss your camel....=)

brooke said...

k. i was just going to ask for some pics of the apartment. i want more! there is an american shop in london somewhere - i found it online. :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea. Thanks for the home tour! It's nice to see the things you look at when you're at home.

The summer bag brings back memories of last summer. By the way, the lake is FULL now. Too bad you're not coming to swim this year!

Wanderlusting said...

Great idea, Rachel! Love getting the personal tour through your humble abode.