Wednesday, April 23

One of those posts

So I have a couple of things on my mind today...

Networking or sucking up?

I attended a work related event the other day where the schedule actually had a time slot that said 'coffee and networking'. So basically the schedule telling you that this is the time to go talk to loads of people you have nothing in common with and see what they can do for you. Pretend your interested in their line of work in the desperate hope that they can further your own career. YUCK. It makes me feel sick just thinking about it. I obviously do not belong in this world - I'm good at doing this, but it makes me feel like there's something seriously wrong with modern day life. What's wrong with working hard to get somewhere, why can't you just be good at your job and that's that? Apparently you have to be visible. Seriously. I don't know why this makes me so mad - just the fakeness of the workings of life makes me feel a little bit nauseous.

The downside of losing weight

I've been going to the gym and swimming 3-4 times a week in preparation for the wedding in July. I've lost quite a bit of weight and I actually feel good about the way I look right now. The downside? I know that some day (probably after the wedding) I will stop doing hardcore training and all the weight will pile back on, probably in double-time. It's depressing! And it feels so great to fit into my clothes properly and to feel good in my own skin. How do you keep motivation for exercising the rest of your life? Seriously? Does anybody know?

For future reference, it's not okay to ask me if I'm tired

I personally think it's incredibly rude to say that somebody looks tired. I am never tired, I just have darker shadows under my eyes then normal people. I try my hardest to buy industrial strength concealer but sometimes it just doesn't work. When people tell me I look tired, it's basically just telling me that I look like crap. And nobody likes to walk around thinking they look like crap.


Just felt like getting those off my chest.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to being a Swanson. Take comfort in knowing that many of us in this family are plagued with the never ending dark circles under their eyes. I have them...and yes...super strength concealer. And when you actually are tired, they get darker. Mine would always get even darker when my allergies were acting up. And yes...I've had numerous people tell me I look tired when I'm not. My youngest has them as well...poor thing. I have found something that works much better than normal concealer tho....I wear mineral makeup now. The kind that's a powder. The concealer words better than anything liquid I've ever tried and I find I look much younger too.

As far as exercise motivation goes, I try to stay fit and healthy because I care about my heart and my general overall feeling. When I don't work out (I'm not obsessed or training for anything.), my overall mood is tired and lethargic. I mainly do it now for the cardiovascular benefits so I can always be healthy and energetic for my kids. So that's my motivator for exercising when I don't necessarily want or need to!

:)
Sorry for the book.

Rachel said...

Wow, please tell me everything there is to know about the concealer! I need some asap! Also, I have totally noticed that exercising gives me so much energy, I'm almost hyper. I like that feeling, so I think that is a good motivator!

Anonymous said...

The fakeness is over there, too? =( I hate that part of society here, and rebel, rebel, rebel!!!

Anonymous said...

It is actually an Anderson thing--my mother got it from her mother, who got it from her mother (oops, that means it is not an Anderson thing, but a Torkildson thing--my Greatgrandmother Sena)

Dawn said...

It's Grandma Wildman's contribution to many in this family. The weight thing - I kept it going for many years, but motivation is really hard to keep going. I MUST get back into my summer clothes, though. No budget for all new ones - and no desire to keep buying bigger!

Dawn said...

I forgot - I HATE it when someone tells me I look tired - I suddenly feel tired!

Anonymous said...

There are tons of mineral make-ups on the market. Do you have typical "drug" stores over there? The type that sell things like medicines, first aid, and make-up? Notice how I loped those three together? :)

Dawn said...

How are the wedding plans going??