Sunday, May 18

Round up, round up!

63 days to go till I have a whole new last name. All of my mind, soul, heart, health, sleep has been focused on 19th July 2008. What will I do when it's the 20th? What will I have to worry about? So seeing as I'm clearly of a one tracked mind at the moment, here are a few random thoughts that come to me as I write.

I am in some serious (but funny) agony at the moment. Conrad has taught me a new kind of sit up that has left me in PAIN. Everytime I laugh or even try and use my stomach muscles in any way, I Hurt. But to be honest it's kind of nice hurt because there are some serious results going on. Who knew that sit ups actually worked?

I guess I'm a hippy. Everyone keeps trying to convince me to have elaborate flower arrangements when all I really want is to walk through a field the morning of my wedding and pick the most beautiful, free flowers that exist. Meadow flowers. Daisies. I may still get my way, but nobody really seems to get it!

Hm. Guess I really don't have much to say. All I have on my mind is losing weight, getting ready for the wedding, and um.. Nope, I say that's it. So I guess now you can see why I haven't been writing much on here!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

If there are free flowers in fields around London in July, I say "GO FOR IT!" Flowers are insanely expensive. We used white flower arrangements which we rented from the same lady who did the kids' cakes - and I went to Hobby Lobby to find flowers which matched their color schemes - a friend inserted them into the silk arrangement, took them out when the wedding was over - voila! Inexpensive, beautiful, huge flower arrangements for the cost of a few extra sprigs.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

That was me deleting a duplicate. Don't know how that happened.

I was going to come back and tell you that I'm quite sure you'll find something to worry about, but try to wait at least a week after the wedding!

Anonymous said...

Rach, you seem to be worrying enough for all of us! Look forward to this weekend, when we can talk about it, and maybe take some stress off of you both. Love you loads, Mom

Wanderlusting said...

Ugh, I totally hate the idea of elaborate flower arrangements - seriously, get rid of the flowers, cut down on half the cost!

BecsLifeOnline said...

Although I am not yet married myself, I work in a bridal shop so can understand some of your stresses. We go through most of them WITH our brides... suits not yet arrived in, one of the bridesmaids has put on too much weight and doesn't fit the dress, crystals in the tiara are not the exact same colour as the crystals on the front of the dress!! Sometimes I feel that most people put too much emphasis on that particular day and how it's all going to go, and are forgetting the main reason behind marriage, that you love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with that person. What does it matter in the long run of things if not everything is absolutely perfect on the day? It won't make a blind bit of difference to the rest of your life. So if you want your pretty daisies which would mean more to you than some shop bought flower arrangement by someone who is good at what she does but doesn't know your personality from Adam, then go for it! The flowers will die in the end anyway, so surely they are of second inmportance to a relationship that will last forever?

Anonymous said...

I agree with the last commenter! We're coming up on our 10th anniversary, and I definitely find that what we're celebrating is 10 years of being the best friends in the world to each other. I'll glance through the wedding photos, but it's not the main focus for me.

That said, I hope we'll be able to make your wedding as perfect as possible, and a grand memory for you. =)

Anonymous said...

Daisies? I seem to be having a flashback. (:
They do make for a beautiful bouquet.