Thursday, April 10

How to be cool in London

  • You will either be training to run the London Marathon next month, or you have already ran the marathon a couple of times and are giving yourself the year off. One year, you travelled to New York just to add the New York Marathon to your list.

  • You wear brightly coloured opaque tights - yellow, blue, pink - underneath beige grandma-heels. To add to the look, sometimes you have a matching headscarf - You know, like the one your grandma used to wear when she made her weekly trip to the Laundromat.

  • As soon as the calendar hits April, you have booked yourself into at least TWO of England's renowned music festivals. Which festival you go to defines what kind of person you are, and people will judge you purely on your festival-going choices.

  • When asked what you're doing for the weekend, you have plans for Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday day and Sunday night. None of these times will be spent with the same person - You are a social butterfly and nobody can hold your interest long enough for you to hang around.

  • Your parents are so rich that they buy you a house overlooking the Thames. You whinge about not having any money and the fact that it's so hard to find a job in The Arts.

  • You are always busy. You never watch TV - in fact, I think you're too cool for TV, unless there's something very cult and different that nobody else in the world knows. And as soon as they start watching it, you start hating it.

I am none of those.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah. I'm none of those things either.

someone else said...

I'd love to see a picture of the colored tights and headscarf.

Ben said...

Yep that rules me out too! In my own world i'm cool...right?

Dawn said...

I'm glad of that! Yes, I'm with MG - I want to see a picture of the beige grandma shoes, colored tights, and matching scarf (is it pulled tightly under the chin??

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Come back to Manchester as you fit just nicely here!

Anonymous said...

I love it when you do these little portraits. It's like I'm there for just a couple of minutes. But I WILL be there in 3 months!!!