Friday, March 28

What A Drag

What a drag it is when the routine of everyday life sucks all the creativity out of you. My homework for myself this weekend is to sit down and write a song. Or a poem. Or just some kind of creative writing.

Listening to a song on the way into work today made me realise that the monotomy of everyday life can really take it out of you. I never saw myself as the office-living girl, the girl who takes the same route to work everyday, the girl who comes in and has her cereal with a large cup of coffee. I hate routine - it turns you into a zombie. It makes you focus on normality, and once again, I hate normality.

I just want to crawl out of this skin and fly off into another one. Gone are the days that I can hand my notice in and book a trip somewhere without thinking twice about it. Money has to come, money has to go places, money rules the world. If only I didn't care so much about it, I would be off in a jiffy - Me, my flipflops and long, unruly hair taking over the coasts of the world.

Oh, to be 'free'.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone who can just do that? I would love to meet them and learn their secret.

Kathy said...

That last line really paints a pretty picture!

Sema said...

I can relate so well with this post. I totally get you and what you mean by money rules the world. I hate that.

Dawn said...

Are you not enjoying your job any more?

Yes, the need of money seems to rule our lives. That's just the way life is. Just enough to get by!

Being independently wealthy is definitely not in our gene pool! Nor any kind of hope for a great inheritance. I guess, in my case, it's better to not have ever experienced that ability to turn in my notice and take off! I never knew any better.

Dawn said...

I know - I have watched your sister with the same malady! I didn't realize my little brother was developing into that kind of roamer as he was growing up. You have had such a rich life. I have never had the desire to roam - I much prefer what you think of as boring. Does Conrad have wanderlust as well? I love an occasional trip, but give me a place to ome back to pretty soon. Isn't it interesting how we are all made so differently.

You know, it was just that night that the emotions ran so high. But if you'll read a post or two before that - two of them actually, maybe the week I had earlier led up to the eruption of so much emotion Friday night!

Your Sunday is almost over as I am writing this in the early morning here, and it's snowing again -- I hope you have had a blessed Sabbath. Do you have a good place to worship in London?

Kristen said...

Just a little piece of advice....wait quite awhile before you have children because then there is NO spontanaity (sp?) left for the REST OF YOUR LIFE (or until they turn 18 and (hopefully) move out. Seriously. None.

(I love my kids, by the way....but they rule my world!!)

Ben said...

Amen to that sister! I've even stopped writing my blog because my energy is zapped out of me by the time i get home!!

Anonymous said...

Gone are my days of taking off for moths to hang out in a foreign country... for now. I try to look at my life in stages. This is a stage where I have to take many more things into consideration before I travel. But there will come a day again when I can head out again - with my kids and husband. Life is not over when you have children. (: You know that - you traveled the world before you were yet 18!