Friday, March 4

Milo Phoenix Sharp: 6 months old

You, sir, have turned 6 months old. You have been on this earth for half a year.

How do you like it? Every new day is fun, every new day has something new for you. Today was cauliflower. Yum yum. I don't think you liked it too much, though. I'm not entirely sure anybody would like pureed cauliflower and sweet potato though.

As I type, you are lying on the floor talking away to Snoopy. I don't think he knows you're talking to him. He's sniffing your nappy in a way that makes me think maybe it's time for a change. You like him, though, and you want to talk to him. You love chuckling, laughing, smiling, looking around. You are so immensely full of life. Your favourite thing at the moment is to role over on the floor from your back to your tummy, then role over again going the same way. So basically you're just rolling, rolling, rolling. It's impossible to leave you on your own, because you love moving around! You have also recently started loving peek-a-boo with a blanket, and playing the flyyyyyyyying game with "zoooom zooooooooooooooom" sound effects. I love hearing you laugh, I would stop anything at any time to make you laugh.

You are also trying your hardest to sit up, evening though you don't have the tummy muscles for it yet. Or the balance. Even in your sleep, I see you starting to sit up with a concentrated look on your face. You are definitely working on it.

This month, you have seen a bit of London. You've been to the movies with mommy, which you particularly loved. You've been to the British Museum, the park... You've been to China town. Everywhere you go, I am so proud you are ours. You bundle of joy and love!

You have also been enjoying a plethora of pureed fruit and veggies. So far, you have had sweet potato, carrot, swede, green beans, courgette, pear and apple. Your favourite is apple, although I think carrot comes in close behind. Funnily enough, both are my favourites, too.

I know this next month will be so busy for you. You're going to learn so much, and I love watching you. I've started planning going back to work in a couple of months, and I want you to know something: If it was up to me, I would stay with you. I want to be able to see you grow, laugh, play, sleep, talk, sing, clap - everything. I want to be part of it all. But you know - Life. Life happens and I can't stay with you due to stupid things. I hope you understand, and I hope it won't effect both of us too much. Just know, I love you. I love being part of your life so very much.

Happy half birthday beautiful Milo Phoenix.

1 comment:

JJC said...

That is so wonderful. I'm sorry you have to go back to work. Stupid money - boo. Happy Birthday Milo. Much love - Auntie J