Sunday, May 16

A thought

I think I may have control issues. This has just come to me now, after 28 years of living.

I am 5 and a half months pregnant, therefore I do not have control over certain things. I make a plan for my super-productive day and I get to about a third of the tasks and crash out. This angers and upsets me. Sat from my lazy position on the couch, I try and think of ways I can get up and carry on, but in all truth - I can't! All energy is sapped out.

Rather than being thankful for the excuse to rest, or being cautious because it's important to save up energy for the week ahead, I just get mad. And cranky that the wonderful feeling of productivity and purposefulness is so far beyond me right now.

So yes, something I didn't expect about pregnancy: Complete annoyance about lack of the control I have over the situation.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I've just been catching up on your posts and this one struck home. Having no control over my body and situation was my biggest pregnancy hurdle. I remember one day Mike and I were eating out and in took a sip of my drink that went down wrong. I started coughing and couldn't stop. Sputtered my drink all over the table. I went into the ladies room and cried. It was all just too much. LOL.

Felt like my entire body was turning against me. But it passes... In about four years. :)