Friday, February 11

So I've been pretty emotional the past week or so. I hate writing when I'm emotional, because I'll come out with all sorts of things I'm not sure I want out there... maybe it would be different if it were an anonymous blog, but.. you know. I'm not so great at bearing my emotions at the best of times. Also it's pretty hard to pinpoint the source of said emotions and really understand them myself. It feels like both the big and small things in life are insurmountable and certain things circle round and round in my head like a broken nursery rhyme.

It may have to do with going in to work one day this week. It brought up all sorts of feelings to do with leaving Milo when I do eventually go back. It killed me. And then the lack of sleep I've been having which always makes me into a complete irrational emotional wreck... yuck. It may also have to do with all the pesky breastfeeding hormones still going round my body, or maybe the fact that this winter is taking forever to get gone. But I'm feeling it, and I'm trying to get rid of it. Just keep calm and carry on.

Well this song is one of the things that has been going round and round and round in my head, and it's just so beautiful and fitting of my love for Milo right now, so.. here it is. Lauryn Hill's song to her son, Zion.



I'm coming out of my emotion-hole so hopefully I'll write more later.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Much love to you my dearest friend

JJC said...

oh man - you were hoping your return would be so much later! My heart goes to you - much love.