Saturday, August 15

Cycle ways

So this post is mainly for Allison, to show her my route to work on my bike.

Here goes...

Here's my front door with my bike in front of it. I am in love with my bike, it's a nice little Sit-Up-And-Beg (that's really what they call it) Dutchie bike. It's imported directly from Holland and my oh my do I love it! I feel like I'm floating above all the traffic and enjoying a leisurely cycle wherever I go. I'm excited about the day that I can afford a lovely basket to go on the front.




This is my road. Pretty, quiet and leafy. So here is where start on our daily journey to central London. You got your helmet on?



Here I am at a traffic light. It doesn't look like it, but this hill is a bit of a killer on the way in to work on a morning. FYI, Sainsbury's is just on the left.

You having fun yet?



...And this is from the top of the hill. See that guy walking up with his bike? That happens a lot.



And here's the hill down again. Fun in the morning, no so much fun coming up again. This hill is the main reason that I have lost a stone in weight since cycling to work.



So I am now realising how long this will take if I show all the pictures, so I'm gonna start being a little more discerning. Let's just say there are lots of cute small roads that look very Londony.

This is a park that I ride through. This is the park looking very very messy, post festival. But hey, that just adds to the London feel, right?



Naughty park! Being so dirty the day that I take a picture of you!



London houses and London streets



Pretty churches...



This is the first leg of my journey through South London - I now cross over the bridge and take you on a journey through the City and onto Old Street.

But you'll just have to wait for the next exciting leg of my journey...

(Read: This took a really long time and I'm missing out on the sun outside so I'll continue later)

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love it!!! I've never seen this side of London before. Looking forward to seeing more.

Doesn't riding your bike to work make you feel like work isn't the only thing in your life that day? Nice pictures of the park. Is that your favorite bit of the ride?

Anonymous said...

This is your cousin Beth by the way, if you don't recognize my nifty Blogger profile name!

First off: I LOVE that your door is that delicious color of blue!

Secondly: I am probably romanticizing London a bit in my mind, but this just how I imagined London to look like. However, the icky park made me sad. :) You live in such a lovely area!

Third and Lastly: I love your bike! :)

Dad said...

We haven't seen your ride before, either. So, this is fun.

Mom said...

I'm also enjoying this and looking forward to part 2.

J.Benson said...

I really appreciate blogs like this! Stuck in my Indiana existence, this is how I travel, pretty pictures of the real life in all the real places I can't go to yet, thanks for making the world smaller for me. :)