Tuesday, October 21

Migraine Hell

Friday morning treated me to a lovely migraine. The kind of migraine that knocks me out for days. It hit while I was sat at my desk about to type an email. All of a sudden I couldn't see parts of the computer screen. Crap. I knew exactly what was happening. I opened up a book laying on my desk to see if I could read it, and I couldn't. White flashy lights were dancing in front of my eyes where the text should have been.

It's hard to tell people what is going on during a migraine without sounding like you're lying. To say that ten minutes ago I was fine, laughing and talking about what to have for lunch and then suddenly.. Well, now I have to leave straight away without further ado so I can get home before the nausea hits.

Migraines are not fun. I got home and slept till 7 o'clock, woke up and walked around a bit then decided I was too tired and slept for another 14 hours. I still feel a bit sick, I still have a headache. Headache isn't really the right word for it though... It's more that some kind of spiky bug has taken residency inside your brain and is pretty reluctant to get out. And the painkillers, they do not help.

All I can do is wait for it to go away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

-your BIL

someone else said...

I'm so very sorry! Uncle B used to get them and that's exactly what they did to him -- flashing lights, split vision, excruciating pain and then dull ache. They seem to run in the gene pool. Hope you feel better soon.

Dawn said...

I haven't ever had one and am so thankful for that! Kev gets them and they are so nasty.

We got your lovely thank you letter today and appreciated it so much!

Hope you feel much better by now - it's Wednesday night here.